CETENA Testing Laboratory, located inside the FINCANTIERI Shipyard, is one of the most important Italian laboratories dedicated to ship and naval tests and the only one with Medium Weight Shock Machine ILAC accredited in Europe (MIL S 901 D). Inside the laboratory, it is possible to evaluate different mechanical aspects such as the performance and the resistance of ship equipments and materials installed on board.
Some tests that can be performed in the laboratory are:
- Resistance tests to mechanical vibration environment
- Resistance tests to shock for equipments and devices
- Measurements of airborne sound insulation and impact sound reduction index in semi reverberation chamber
- Damping measurements of viscoelastic materials
- Type approval tests of mechanical joints.
The acoustic performances of the Laboratory devices have been verified and certified by INRIM (Italian National Institute of Metrological Research).
In addition to performing tests, CETENA can offer a customized service and also define test procedures to validate the equipment/materials or evaluate beforehand the behaviour of the items through numerical calculation.
On board with our experience