CETENA since its foundation in 1962, has always been involved in research and development activities in the maritime sector and to better manage research and development activities and has a dedicated office involved in:
- Maintaining a network linking the main R&D stakeholders at regional, national and European level, i.e. Universities, Research Centres, Ministries of Transport, Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Education and Research, Italian Navy, Italian Technological Districts (IMAST, NavTec, MareFVG, DLTM), Technological Innovation Poles as well as the National Maritime Technological Platform and National Technological Clusters
- Participating in European interest groups as Waterborne, “ECMAR – European Cooperation in Maritime Research” and “Vessels for the Future”
- Monitoring regional, national and European calls
- Continuously updating its research activities
- Keeping constant links with R&D departments of its customers.
Research for sea innovations