TRANSFER OF TECHNOLOGY (TOT)
Coordination of Transfer Of Technology (TOT) Programme
Transfer of Technology : What is it?
- It is the process through which an industrial system is released from its owner to another subject.
- It is a complex process which guarantees that the released system will be efficient in its new economic environment.
- A Transfer of Technology usually takes place in a trans-national context and can address two types of industrial systems: the hardware of industrial technologies (plants, materials) and the soft components (know-how, organisation and human resources models).
- Transfer of Technology challenges the shipyard export technology for the new emerging Nations. The request is not only to purchase the project and the ship itself, but also the knowledge used in the process of the design, the construction and maintainance involved for the ship.
Transfer of technology demand in the last years has become more and more requested.
CETENA offers complete support, from the initial to the final phases of the TOT process through:
- Definition of customised ToT projects, following an assessment of the training needs and the definition of training objectives
- Design and implementation of Training Systems and Programmes
- Preparation of supporting documentation
- Training courses for the trainers
- Turnkey setup of Training Centres
TOT has become important because:
- Training is a new challenging topic
- It involves new areas and new professionalism
- Continuos training for both designers and technical personell takes place
- The Transfer of Technology is a new business