A close collaboration with the University of Genoa - Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering - allows students from the Department to carry out their now compulsory apprendice ship in a Company or their thesis work at CETENA on subjects agreed upon with the Department.
CETENA is always pleased to receive and consider curricula from young graduates in different disciplines: Naval Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer technology, etc. The curricula can be sent, together with the consent form for the processing of personal data according to the EU Regulation. N. 679/2016 downloadable at the al link , at the address of the company or at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will join the Research and Development team of CETENA S.p.A. to assist a senior manager in supervising our RDI projects’ portfolio, gradually taking on the role of Project Management Officer (PMO) contributing to the management of projects that our group is facing to continuously upgrade our product portfolio.
CETENA S.p.A. is Fincantieri group’s research center and it is part of FincantieriNexTech. The company is directly taking part in several (more than 10 at a time) collaborative RDI projects that are funded by the European Union, the Italian Government, and several regional authorities. Moreover, the company is providing RDI management services for several other companies which are part of FincantieriNexTech.
While understanding of technical issues, willingness to explore new fields, and learn more about the problem at hand is of paramount importance, the successful candidate will not be part of the technical team; instead, they will focus instead on project planning, management of our partners, request of funding from public authorities, management of intellectual property issues.
This position is open to candidates with no or limited previous working experience.A results-oriented mindset, willingness to learn, and to face tough problems are a must.
The successful candidate will join the team that coordinates Research and Development activities for CETENA, and thatis providing the same services to other companies that are part of FincantieriNexTech. The team is tasked with oversighting RDI projects, negotiating Intellectual Property issues, managing interactions with partners (academic and/or industrial), rapidly prototyping ideas for new projects, and ensuring that each project deliver a result can be used by the company to harvest value and create business opportunities in the short-medium term.
Specifically,the successful candidate is expected to:
• Contribute in refining the business needs as they are expressed by the technical staff by critically assessing their proposals;
• Contribute in critically reviewing and drafting the project proposals;
• Contribute in managing the relationship with our partners involved in RDI projects;
• Monitor and control the execution of the projects in our portfolio;
• Prepare and discuss the business cases for the technological transfer of new technologies in our industry and develop and discuss the roadmap enabling such transfer;
• Contribute in finding new ways to exploit the value generated by the processes they will oversight and facilitate the uptake of results within the company(ies);
• Contribute to the preparation of periodic technical and economical reporting
The list might be re-adjusted according to the seniority of the successful candidate.
Skills and qualifications
- MSc Degree in engineering, scientific disciplines, or economy (with a major in innovation management) (mark at least a 105/110);
- Fluent in Italian and English. Candidates will be interviewed in English;
- Understanding of the key concepts of project management and innovation management;
- Understanding of Intellectual Property laws;
- Results oriented mindset;
- Keen interest in technology and technical problems;
- Willingness to study, learn and explore new fields;
- Excellent communication & networking skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking capability, flexibility and preparedness to embrace tough challenges;
- Availability to business travels in Italy and in Europe;
- Any project management certification;
- Having taken classes on intellectual property management
- Having taken classes on innovation management
“It is a traineeship position in Trieste (IT). Please send your application to email@example.com . We are waiting for you!”