MANTA Serious Games
SERIOUS GAMES is a virtual environment in which the participants can be trained in specific procedures; it recreates situations which use dynamic, interactive, multi-user and multimedia tools to facilitate learning during the training. It can be used in combination with the traditional training to increase the skill levels through an innovative and immersive team training approach. Using this virtual environment, participants can learn by doing.
The SERIOUS GAMES simulator is part of MANTA (Multipurpose Advanced Networked Training Architecture) suite.
MANTA solutions integrate different training methods and tools. It supports the latest VR HMI, articulated viewing systems, moving platforms and integration of real devices.
In order to follow the training path of each participant, the Training Manager (TM) module has been developed giving them the possibility to upgrade their skills through different courses.
MANTA is in continuous evolution to develop advanced naval training solutions, fully satisfying customer requirements and needs.
- Possibility to simulate firefighting, anchoring operations, RHIB launch and recovery, man overboard recovery, steering operations in degraded mode, anti-flooding, replenishment at sea (RAS) operations.
- Interaction among the operators with active involvement during training activities using different equipment with instant feedback to the actions taken by the operators.
- Shared & virtual executive team cooperation.
- Innovative training to add to the standard classroom modality, in order to improve the operators’ skills during operational activities and emergencies.
- Situation awareness and accident prevention through practice.
- Interaction during activities among the operators and intelligent agents to drive the simulation.
- Debriefing of a training session through record/playback facilities and individual detailed scores.
Advantages and Characteristics
Flexible: easily adaptable to specific operators’ training needs.
Realistic: immersive VR viewing system actively involving the trainees.
Scalable: from basic training to complex scenario for realistic training.
Interoperable: possibility to operate with other simulators and/or real systems.